Displaying the Message Overview
The message overview gives you the number of messages that are in a particular processing status in a specified time period. To obtain an overview of the current status of message processing, choose the Message Overview tab.
You can obtain an overview of the number of messages that are in a certain processing status in a specific time period. The overview has the following features:
- The overview provides statistical information about the number of messages processed within the specified time period.
Consider that the statistical information shown does not reflect the current situation with messages. It only shows the number of processed messages for the specified time period. At the time of displaying the overview some or all of the messages can be already archived or deleted. Correspondingly, you would not find these messages in the Database tab of the message monitor.
- The time period for the overview always refers to the receipt of the message.
- In contrast to message search, only messages processed asynchronously are considered in the message overview.
- If you do not want to use the message overview you can deactivate it. For more information, see SAP Note 1031773
· If you want to display the sender and receiver attributes of a row combined together, select the row followed by the Attributes tab page.
· If you want to drill down to the individual statuses for the number of messages in a row, select the row and then choose the Status Values tab page.
A table with the status group, a description of the individual status, and the number of messages is displayed.
If permitted by the relevant status, you can Cancel or Retry all messages in that particular status.
· To display the messages in a particular status group, click the message number in the required group and line.
The system navigates to message monitoring; a list of the corresponding messages is displayed, including all underlying filter settings.
Note: Some of the messages for the specified time period might be already archived or deleted at the time of accessing the overview. As a result, the number of messages provided in the overview can be different from the number of messages displayed in the Database tab
Viewing Message Details
Select a message in the Messages List table to display detailed information about it. The Message Details screen area provides the following data:
· Choose the Message Details tab to display basic information about the message such as its ID, status, and so on.
· Choose the Message Content tab if you want to display the message in XML format. You can choose which part of the message you want to see - the SOAP header, SOAP body, or the payload - in the Message Tree screen area. Choose View Message Content if you want to download the whole message as a file.
· When the User-Defined Attributes tab is present, you can see the payload elements corresponding to the search criteria that were defined for the user-defined message search. This tab is present only when you are allowed to view the message payload. For more information, see Configuring User-Defined Message Search .
· Choose the Message Log tab to see a list of events that happened during the processing of the selected message.
You can configure the system to persist the information displayed in this log or to expire it using the messaging.auditLog.memoryCache property of the XPI Service Messaging System. For more information, see the “Properties Related to the Messaging System” topic in the configuration documentation for Process Integration
· Choose the Further Links tab if you want to navigate to relevant monitoring tools, for example the sequence monitor. Using these monitoring tools you can obtain additional information about the selected message.
You can use the controls at the top of the found messages table to perform any of the following activities:
· Cancel or resend a selected message.
· Open the message to display the versions of the message that are available. In the version view you can end, edit, or resend individual versions. You can display the details (attributes with their values) of a message version. For more information, see Editing Messages .
· Export the search results to a file.
In case errors occurred during the processing of a message, you can edit it in the message editor. To do this, you can find the message in the message monitor and open it to edit the following data:
- If you change the header data of a message, note that this changes the entire message processing.
Consider that you cannot change the header data of messages in the Business Process Engine.
- You can create adapter-specific message attributes and change or delete existing attributes.
You can also do this in the Integration Builder.
- You can change the message payload.
The payload of a message is loaded with the character format AUTO as standard. AUTO means that the message editor automatically recognizes the character format, then uses this character format to load the message, and then displays the payload accordingly. If you want to load the payload in another character format, you must select this beforehand in the Character Format field. The character format NONE loads the payload as a simple byte stream.
Consider that you can only edit the payload of XI messages and not of Web service messages.
Editing Header Data and Message Attributes
- Select the required message version and choose Edit .
- Choose the Message Header or Message Header tab.
- Edit the header data or message attributes as necessary.
- Save the message.
Editing the Payload in the Message Editor
The payload of the message is displayed with information about its character format, the content type, and the payload size. To edit the payload, proceed as follows:
- Select the required message version.
- Choose Edit and then the Payload tab.
- Edit the payload on the page or load the payload into a separate editor (as described below).
- If you want to save the payload in another character format, select the required character format before you save the message.
- Save the message.
If you have selected another character format, the payload is converted accordingly when the message is saved.
Editing the Payload in a Separate Editor
You can also use a separate editor to edit the payload. This is the case, for example, when one or more of the following applies:
- The payload is too large for the message editor.
- The character format of the payload is not supported.
- The payload does not contain any displayable characters.
- You prefer the user view of another editor.
Proceed as follows:
- To load the message payload in a separate editor, choose Download .
- Edit the payload in the selected editor and save it as a file.
- To localize the changed payload in your file system, choose Browse in the message editor.
- To upload the payload to the message editor, choose Upload .
apply restart sequence ( if cancel is not worked) for EOIO messages