Before going to this, we need understand below content.
In General sap provides, required information about adapter and its basic information, But in some case 3rd party adapter vendor provides required information, packages then we need to deploy those in our SAP PI system.
By simple(as in above diagram)
example1: soap adapter
example2: cidx adapter
example3: hl7, as2, pdm adapter ( we need to install vendor specific deploy-able files on sap pi system, then we can see vendor adapter and/or software components in our SAP PI environment. and also provides required manual on that adapter, this helps us , how to monitor messages by using this adapter.
See more information on SAP partners(SAP PI specific)
Also see about seeburger
Next , we see about about
1. simple discussion on EDI adapter usage
2. some sample scenario( as2 adapter configuration)
simple discussion on EDI adapter usage
After deploying, AS2(edi specific) adapter's ear file /jar files. we can see seeburger specific software component as fallows. and we can reuse exiting objects in our own software component.
Way to monitor Edi messages as fallows,
open integration builder enter, mdt(message display tool as fallows)
Then we can see the fallowing screens as fallows.
- Here EDI_SellerXX is EDI party and its business system is ANSI_X12_850_V4010 sender communication channel : Seeburger_AS2_sender; Receiver comm: Mdn_reports.
- SAP system : Business system is QW8_100( No communication channel required for idoc communication also sender aggrement)
- Legacy system: XIWS_Legacy_BS_xx and its communication channel: AS2 report receiver.
Import Integration scenario in ID, then generate configuration objects by using integration scenario(created in IR)
Triggering idoc from sap r/3 system using the translation code WE19
Monitor messages in SXMB_Moni
( one messages is from SAP R/3 TO EDI, Next one is from EDI report to legacy system(file)
Steps to monitor message using AS2(EDI) Message display tool: