- ► 2017 (125)
- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (47)
- ► 2014 (44)
Friday, August 27, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
Germany Business Visa, VFS Germany, Domestic Travel in India, International Travel from India , Travel tips in
This is Deviprasad Pothireddi, working as software employee in one of MNC in
1. Procedure to get
2. Procedure to travel
1. Generally we will get invitation letter from
2. Then go to
3. You can get Exact information from that website about List of documents ( better to have your passport first and last copy(Xerox)).
1) Need to vist VFS office Example: VFS office in hyd(begumpet), VFS office in vizag…
2) Need to Visit Germany consulate office in Chennai( this is for south
VFS office at Begumpet(
Time to submit your documents in VFS: 8am to 3pm. This is only for checking your documents. No interview here(only Indian will check you documents).
1. They verify your documents and help you to fill all documents and they take visa fee(around 4000Rs), they envelope all documents what you have provided and give to you. And Visit Date and time to
1. Check your Visit Date and time and reach before 30Min to that place
2. There is no place for sit outside of German consulate.
3. They call you inside(one room) to attend the interview(most of the time Indians do the interview). Generally they may ask your Purpose of visit to
4. After that they will say you, you will get your passport to your address.
5. Leave that place (this time , you do not have any documents).
Domestic travel experience:
1. You need domestic (with in
2. You need id proof, generally Pan card, driving Licence, any gov. related id proof
1. Generally you get e-ticket(online ticket). You need to show this at airport counter(many airline counters are there like :airIndia, kingfishers, jet
2. Then they provide boarding pass(flight ticket). Which has information about Gate(you have to wait in this place to catch flight/plane)
3. After that go for baggage check and police check in( where they will check all items what you are carrying).
4. Do not take explosive items and tools(also avoid razor , blade)
5. Remember there is particular limit for weight of luggage. Get the information from e-ticket / boarding pass .
6. Once police check in over, you have to go to your Gate. (no facility to see your relatives or family members, who came along with you).
7. You feel very good at first time. It is like a train travel( garib rath in
8. They provide some snackes during the journey and guide you the instructions in flight.
9. No checking at destination place.
Note: Be careful while you buy items at airport
Ex: coffee cost in
International Travel Experience:
Similar to Domestic travel travel, But
1. Iimmigration check (passport,visa) at source airport and passport, visa checking at destination airport
2. Baggage submition source airport and Baggage claim at destination airport.
3. Iid proof: passport and Visa carrying
Sequence of steps:
1. getting boarding pass from e-ticket at airline counter
2. police check and goods check
3. Immigration check and get into your gate number.
4. Destination: 1) pass port check and 2)baggage collect
1. After collection of baggage in airport, fallows signals to reach train station, train system available below the airport (generally in any airport in
2. Take wheel bag, it is easy to drag luggage.
3. Get into ticket counter room, and ask them ticket to your destination.
Note: if you book reservation before 3 days, amount for that is less otherwise you have to pay double the payment.
(You can get one day pass, monthly pass ask them at this counter, you can use this public transport(bus, mini trains(run on roads))
4. Public transport is very good in
5. You can also use rent car facility.
6. Use 2 pin adapter, we cannot use 3 pin adapters.(international standard).
7. We can use our indian rice cooker, to cook rice with help of 2 pin adapter
(Hotel rates nearly: 30Euro to 95Euro/night ) most of them, with Breakfast.
9.Take mobile sim (local to
10. Use Google maps to identify the places and better have print-outs for new members.
11. prefer to stay in apartment/ service apartment( which has kitchen facility). Where you find some cooking bowels and its accessories and electric stove. So you can go to any super market and buy some eatables and cook it.
Ex: Milk cost around : 50Cents, sugar nearly 60 cents, coke 0.5 bottle 2Euros at hotels / shops, generally you will get less in super markets.
13. For Lunch and dinner, minimum you need to pay 5Euros(self service), for service you have to pay 10 – 15Euros. Generally they order with some cool drink(ex: coke or Beer)
14. My friend and me went in a Indian hotel and ordered 1liter water bottle, finally we got bill on 7Euros(normal water).
15. you do not find any traffic police at 4 road junctions or any junction, every where you find signal lights, for walkers, cycles and auto mobiles.
16. they use “ Hello word” to wish anybody.
17. we do not find any ceiling fan in rooms/ hotel . some time we find only small table fan.
18. Most of them, fallow , use Maps to identify the location. I advise new persons, you to have map where ever you go.
19. if you have 2 pin adapter( buy international standard), (socket is available after 1inch depth), you can use any electronic / electric device like in
20. Whoever new to
21. you can buy railticket(short distances) with help of ticket vender machine.
22.Long distance trains means, Intercity trains ICE( connecting cities).
23. Use google map, to find hotels, shops and distance between two stations.
http://www.bahn.com/i/view/index.shtml book online rail ticket with help of this site.
24. Hotels: to book hotel, Make a telephone call to hotel, ask for different services( specially internet). and do reservation. and ask any free trasport facility available from airport to hotel / hotel to airport. ( some hotels providing these services too). Remember most of hotels providing , free internet services with WLAN( wireless LAN). to utilize this, check your laptop, if this option available or not. Using internet during international travel helps you great.
Indian computer keyboard and Germany keyboard differs in some options.
About depature in
- some hotels near to
Frankfurtairport, with free bus facility. Use those facilities
- take your e ticket and show your eticket and baggage check-in, based on you airline counter. They provide. Boarding pass( which has gate pass information).
- you can easily find your gate based on directions. While going, at one place, police check your passport, and allows further, then your personal baggage check and then go to your gate,
- while you are in flight, you will receive a form, you need to fill your journey information based on passport, ticket and visa. And customs bags info. You need to provide this at exit place.